Monday, November 19, 2012

A Life with Purpose

Meet Cracker Jack...

A dog whose life has been filled with purpose since the day he was born. 

In his puppy days CJ's first job was a lab test dog for a pharmaceutical company. A few years later he was adopted by a very patient owner who spent 2 years trying to rehabilitate & help him adjust to life outside of the lab. Unfortunately this owner got very sick and passed away from cancer. 

That's when Jenny, a fellow photographer, adopted him & they've been together until his last day. 

When I first met Cracker Jack, I thought he was so sweet & docile. He looked & moved just like a baby  lamb who was learning how to walk. 

On Halloween, I remember Jenny jokingly asked if I would take some photos of him with her before he gets to old & pass away. Of course I agreed, but I had no idea that he would literally pass just minutes after our session.



Since then, I've had a few days to digest all that has happened and it brings me back to "A Life with Purpose." 

Cracker Jack, you have certainly lived a very full life filled with purpose until the very end. 

I think you knew that your days were numbered & yet you stuck around to get in this last mini photo session with me, because it's what Jenny wanted. I questioned why you wanted me to witness your passing & this is what I came up with. You didn't want Jenny to be alone when you passed. May you rest in peace in doggy heaven, and know that your purpose has been fulfilled.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

I really love these photos, the colors are so bright and vibrant. Such a sad story though, I can't believe Cracker Jack passed away right after the photo shoot.

Fawn Luu said...

Thanks Margaret! I couldn't believe it either. I'm glad Jenny has these photos to remind her what an awesome dog Cracker Jack really was.